Well, so far i am not impressed with the snow dyeing! I followed the instructions to a t –except that i halved the total dye and total water as a cup of each seemed like a lot of fluid!!) and to me it looks a bloody Dexter mess. Glad i did downsize the amount: look at all the runoff…………Half a cup of each colour plus all the snow melt is a hell of a lot of liquid!
Used red, violet and orange:
Tray underneath supported on little feeties so there’s space between it and the very bottom layer:
Both above taken around 1PM; below around 7 PM, not much action in thawing:
Below, tray under, pretty but not sure any of that lovely fracturing of colour that is supposed to happen with this technique is happening….
I think there may have been a small murder in here when i wasn’t looking…..
When the snow has gone, i will wrap and batch and we’ll see– i will have at least some rich colour, a vast improvement over the first time i tried this in 2011.
And because of the teeny weeny little flecks of dye powder that seem to be floating and landing everywhere no matter my precautions, i didn’t get a lot of work done on Nightmare Interrupted, for fear it would be irretrievably spotted.